Tuesday, November 17, 2015

colourQ317

We've got some pretty colors  for you this week at colourQ!  The inspiration photo made me think of a long forgotten wreath stamp set that I had in my stash.



I found one lonely sheet of Lovely Lilac cardstock in my stash so I used that for my card base. It looks blue in the photo but I promise that it's not.  Unfortunately I didn't have the same ink so I had to substitute another ink for the berries on the wreath and it's not even remotely the same color purple. I hope it doesn't look too weird!
The sketch challenge at Just Add Ink was perfect for this wreath.  My wreath doesn't hang over the edge but I like it all the same!  I hope the ladies there will forgive me!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a chance to check out our challenge at colourQ!  My lovely teamies have created some beautiful cards for you to see this week.  I hope you can join us in the gallery!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Wreath For All Seasons (Papertrey Ink); Artful Flowers (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Lovely Lilac (SU); White (Spectrum Noir)
Ink:  Tangerine Tango, Rich Razzleberry, Soft Sky (SU); Lavender Moon (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories:  Diagonal Stripes stencil (Simon Says Stamp); translucent embossing paste (Dreamweave); Clear Droplets (Pretty Pink Posh)

11 comments:

Shelly said...

This is gorgeous!!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

What a darling wreath that is Jen and beautifully stamped! LOVE those oh, so soft colours . . . very soothing to look at! Have a great day! Hazel xx

Deepti said...

So simple yet sooooooo perfect :) love it

Christine Blain said...

This card is oh-so-beautiful, Jen! Gorgeous use of colour, and that wreath is so sweet. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!

Jan said...

This is stunning Jen! I love the soft combination of colours on your wreath and the vibrant berries are a beautiful contrast. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week :-)

Claire said...

This is so pretty jen - difficult colours this week!

Jodene said...

This is so pretty, and I love the clean and simple design. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink :)

Narelle Farrugia said...

Wow! this is super elegant Jen and I love the simplicity of that gorgeous wreath. Great take on this weeks sketch. Thanks for joining us at JAI this week!

Linda Callahan said...

Loveitloveitloveit......

Amy White said...

Looks like we both pulled out a 'long forgotten' stamp set this week! Love what you've done with these colours and the clear droplets are the perfect finishing touch!

Petra Swart said...

That is such a lovely wreath and so perfect to go with the one in the inspiration photo!!! I really like the purple strip on the side and the colours you've used for the stamping are perfect!!! So beautiful!!!!
Have a great day!!!!